Science and Mathematics Records
consists of the records of the college and its
previous iterations throughout CSUN's history. Records include program brochures, event
fliers, department records, and information on the San Fernando Solar Observatory and the
Donald E. Bianchi Planetarium.
The Division of Science and Mathematics was formed in 1958 at the new San Fernando Valley
State College campus. In 1974 the school was renamed the School of Science and Mathematics.
In 1994 the school was renamed the College of Science and Mathematics.
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s) of
this collection belongs to California State University, Northridge. Copyright status for
other materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S.
Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written
permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially
exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests
exclusively with the user.
The collection is open for research use.