The first Pacific Electric Railway Company was incorporated in 1901. It included 186 miles of track. It was consolidated
with seven other railroads and incorporated on September 1, 1911, as a new Pacific Electric, owned and operated by Southern
Pacific Company until August 1965, when it merged into Southern Pacific Company . In 1939, it included 1,068.96 miles of
track and operated in Los Angeles, Orange County, and Riverside County.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the CSRM Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the CSRM
as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must
also be obtained by the reader.