The Sunkist Growers Incorporated records consist of two document boxes that contain organization papers. Notable items include
the organization's annual reports (1957-1973), statistical bulletins (1941-1980), newsletters (c. 1970s), and packing house
Sunkist's story begins in 1893 as the "Southern California Fruit Exchange", a cooperative organization focused on marketing
citrus produce. In 1905, the organization expanded to the entire state of California and re-named themselves the "Californai
Fruit Growers Exchange". In 1908, they introduced the "Sunkist" brand and started what was then the first major advertising
campaign for fruit. The organization officially changed its name to "Sunkist Growers" in 1952.
The collection is open for research.