The Par-Links Golf Club was founded by fifteen African-American women golfers of the East Bay on September 12, 1958. The collection
consists of one scrapbook documenting the first six years of the club’s existence from 1958-1963. It encompasses the bylaws
of the Par-Links Golf Club, tournament committee reports, an application for membership form, a history of the organization,
newspaper clippings, two studio photographs of the charter members, and nineteen photographs of the club participating in
a golf tournament.
On September 12, 1958, fifteen African-American women golfers of the East Bay organized a ladies’ golf club and named it Par-Links
Golf Club. Charter members were: Eola Paige (President), LaVada Scott (Vice-President), Arjere Johnson (Secretary), Juanita
Wilson (Financial Secretary), Maye Reid (Handicap Chairman), Edna Dotson (Tournament Chaiman), Jane McIntosh (Publicity Chairman),
Doris Bruce, Ruth Beckford Chatmon, Velma Davis, Cleodel Johson, Ramona Maples, Doralee Petty, Nadine Willis, and Nell Wilson.