The H.O. Davis Collection of material from the Panama-California Exposition of 1915 and the California Pacific International
Exposition of 1935 was donated by his granddaughters, Betty Schrodt and Ruth Roberts, in 2000. Panama-California Exposition
backers recognized H.O. Davis as a fellow booster when he, a rancher from Yuba City, visited San Diego to arrange for an exhibit
for Sutter County. He was appointed Director-General of the Exposition in July, 1913. Subsequently, he was also Managing Director
of the Olympic Village for the 1932 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles and Division of Works Special Advisor for the California
Pacific International Exposition of 1966 in Los Angeles making significant contributions to special effects and illumination.