The Arizona and South Eastern Railroad, a short-line railroad formed in 1888, was renamed The El Paso and Southwestern Railroad
on June 25, 1901. Subsidiaries include the Nacozari Railroad, the Morenci Southern Railroad, the El Paso and Northeastern
Railway, and the El Paso Southern Railway. By 1917 the El Paso and Southwestern had more than 1139 miles of track in Arizona,
New Mexico and Texas. In 1924, the Southern Pacific purchased the El Paso & Southwestern which became part of a new second
Southern Pacific mainline across Arizona and New Mexico and into Texas.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the CSRM Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the CSRM
as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must
also be obtained by the reader.