The Voorhis Vikings Alumni Association was an alumni group for former students of the Voorhis School for Boys in San Dimas,
California. The School operated from 1928-1938 and served underpriveleged boys from diverse backgrounds. After the School
closed in 1938, the campus was donated to the California Polytechnic College (Cal Poly) and would eventually grow into Cal
Poly Pomona. The collection includes administrative records of the association, a scrapbook, clippings, and materials about
the School's headmaster Jerry Voorhis.
The Voorhis School for Boys was founded Nash Motor Company executive Charles Voorhis in 1928. The Voorhis School was located
in San Dimas, California and provided an education and room and board to underprivileged boys. Charles Voorhis' son, Jerry
Voorhis (Horace Jeremiah Voorhis, 1901-1984), served as headmaster of the school. The younger Voorhis had developed an interest
in education while a student at Yale University and later went on to earn a master's degree in education from the Claremont
1.5 Linear Feet
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository
and the copyright holder.
Advance notice required for access.