The collection contains materials produced by and related to the Pepperdine University School of Continuing Education. Items
in the collection include a press release, brochures and course offering flyers, teacher evaluations, photographs, and other
printed materials. Materials in the collection range from approximately 1972 to 1976.
The School of Continuing Education (SCE) was started in 1959 and grew from 27 students to more than 6,000 students, in over
200 classes at 60 locations. The SCE was later renamed the Center for Professional Development, and offered extension courses
on the semester plan until September 1, 1979. Each extension unit of credit was earned by attending class 50 minutes for
eighteen weeks or an equivalent thereof. Many classes were offered at elementary school classrooms or were partnered with
educational institutions in the Los Angeles area, such as radio stations, outdoor camps, and centers of faith. One dean of
the school was Dr. Pence Dacus.
1.67 Linear Feet
Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Advance notice required for access.