This scrapbook chronicles the activities of Carmel's Arts and Crafts Club from 1912 to 1926. The Arts and Crafts club was
started by Elsie Allen, a former instructor for Wellesley College, in 1905 for the purpose of attracting artists to Carmel.
In 1910, the Club established an Arts and Crafts summer school to teach drama, painting, pottery, metalwork and a variety
of other crafts. The school 's instructors included Mary De Neale Morgan, William M. Chase, Josephine Culbertson, Ida Johnson
and many others. In 1924, the Club opened the Arts and Crafts Theater, where the Club put on their own theatrical productions.
The scrapbook contains pamphlets, photographs, articles and letters documenting the Club's summer school, annual art shows,
theater productions and other activities.