This collection contains invoices documenting expenses involved in operating the Palace Stables between 1911 and 1919, a stable
operated by George Philip Furhman in San Diego, California.
George Philip Fuhrman is first listed in the San Diego City Directories in 1907. In 1909 he was listed as a livery operator,
and by 1912 he was listed as the proprietor of the Palace Sales and Exchange Stables. Beginning in 1914, Fuhrman is listed
as proprietor of George P. Fuhrman & Co., which operated Palace Stables. The stables operated at the address 1024 J Street,
in the area now known as the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego. Quarter page advertisements can be found in the 1914 San Diego
City Directory. Fuhrman died in late 1919, perhaps early 1920. The 1920 city directory contains a listing for Fuhrman’s widow.
0.25 Linear feet
The San Diego History Center (SDHC) holds the copyright to any unpublished materials. SDHC Library regulations do apply.
This collection is open for research.