The church of The Immaculata was dedicated on May 5, 1959. It was the main chapel of the University of San Diego and the Immaculate
Heart Seminary as well as the Parish Church for the Linda Vista and Southern Clairemont communities. Architect Frank Hope
designed the building and L.J. Ninteman was the contractor. In the Summer of 1970, ownership of the church transferred from
the University of San Diego to the Diocese of San Diego. It remains as the parish for Alcalá Park and the surrounding community.