Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Baldwin Locomotive Works correspondence
MS 577  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (52.06 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
 
Table of contents What's This?
  • Descriptive Summary
  • Access
  • Publication Rights
  • Preferred Citation
  • Acquisition Information
  • Scope and Content of Collection
  • Indexing Terms

  • Descriptive Summary

    Title: Baldwin Locomotive Works correspondence
    Dates: 1893, 1912, 1941
    Collection Number: MS 577
    Creator/Collector: Baldwin Locomotive Works
    Extent: 1 folder
    Repository: California State Railroad Museum Library and Archives
    Sacramento, California 95814
    Abstract: Miscellaneous correspondence from the Baldwin Locomotive Works.
    Language of Material: English

    Access

    This collection is open for research at our off-site storage facility with one week's notice. Contact Library & Archives staff to arrange for access.

    Publication Rights

    Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the CSRM Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the CSRM as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.

    Preferred Citation

    Baldwin Locomotive Works correspondence. California State Railroad Museum Library and Archives

    Scope and Content of Collection

    Miscellaneous correspondence from the Baldwin Locomotive Works. •January 25, 1893. To Mr. E. L. Ware, Principal Assistant Engineer, Union Pacific, relating to steam inspection cars, "Nydia" and "Black Diamond" ; signed by A. B. Johnson •November 26, 1912. To Mr. J. K. Brassil, Master Mechanic and Superintendent of Structures (?), of the Northwestern Pacific Railroad, regarding transmittal of drawings relating to BLW construction number 4960, built 1880. •March 10, 1941. To Bill Otis, regarding transmittal of specification for construction number 3763; signed by Edward J. Harley, Assistant Chief Engineer.