The San José Woman's Club Records consists of administrative records and pressbooks documenting the club's activities from
1922 to 1993. The collection materials include ledgers, meeting minutes, a receipt book, scrapbooks, photographs, and correspondence.
The San José Woman's Club was formed on December 3, 1894, when a group of nine women gathered to discuss the possibility of
forming a club devoted to women's issues. Membership grew steadily to 81 members by 1902, leading the Club to purchase and
renovate their first club house in 1906. The club was incorporated as a non-profit in 1909, with meetings held every Saturday
afternoon at 2:30 P.M.
(8.33 linear feet)
Copyright has not been assigned to the San José State University Library Special Collections & Archives. All requests for
permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of Special Collections. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the SJSU Special Collections & Archives as the owner of the physical items and is not
intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the reader. Copyright restrictions
also apply to digital reproductions of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational
The collection is open for research.