Record Series 797 contains the administrative files of the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering department, featuring primarily
grant proposal and department chair files.
The UCLA College of Engineering was established in 1943 when California Governor Earl Warren signed a bill to provide instruction
in engineering at the UCLA campus. It welcomed its first students in 1945 and was dedicated as the Henry Samueli School of
Engineering and Applied Science in 2000.
9.0 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection is held by The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University Archives
can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish or quote
must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
Record Series open for research. STORED OFF-SITE. Advance notice required. Contact the UCLA Library Special Collections Reference
Desk for paging information.