The Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange established St. Joseph Teacher College in 1953 for the education and training of young
sisters. It was a junior college affiliated with Catholic University of America. In 1959, the college was incorporated into
the State of California as a four year liberal arts college and renamed St. Joseph College of Orange. It was accredited by
the Western Association of Schools and Colleges in 1962.
Materials in the Department of Archives and Special Collections may be subject to copyright. Unless explicitly stated otherwise,
Loyola Marymount University does not claim ownership of the copyright of any materials in its collections. The user or publisher
must secure permission to publish from the copyright owner. Loyola Marymount University does not assume any responsibility
for infringement of copyright or of publication rights held by the original author or artists or his/her heirs, assigns, or
Library, Loyola Marymount University.