Gin Wong was a Chinese American architect who contributed to post war architecture in Los Angeles. Wong was born in Guangzhou,
China in 1922 and immigrated to Los Angeles as a young child. After serving as a radar bombardier for the U.S. Army in World
War II, he attended USC's School of Architecture, graduating in 1950. After graduation, he worked for the renowned firm of
Pereira and Luckman, eventually becoming vice president of design. When William Pereira and Charles Luckman established their
own firms, Wong helped found William L. Pereira & Associates in 1958, where he ultimately became a partner and the firm's
president. He then founded Gin Wong Associates in 1974. Wong served as a member of the USC Board of Trustees from 1983 until
his death in 2017.