This collection contains publications created by the UC Irvine Health Sciences unit, which encompasses the School of Medicine
and Medical Center (also known as UCI Health). Publications include brochures and fliers for new buildings and events, general
announcements, historical reports, newsletters, and more. Additional publications from this unit can be found by searching
the library catalog.
The UC Irvine Health Sciences was the administrative umbrella organization for the UCI Medical Center (UCI Health), School
of Medicine, Program in Nursing Science, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Program in Public Health, and numerous institutes,
centers, and research units. The School of Medicine traces its beginnings back to 1896 when the Pacific Sanitarium and School
of Osteopathic Medicine opened in Anaheim, CA. This institution became the California College of Medicine in 1961, and was
acquired by UC Irvine in 1967. In 1976, the campus purchased the Orange County Medical Center in Orange, CA and renamed it
UC Irvine Medical Center. Additional health facilities were built in 1986 on the Irvine campus. In the following decades,
several research centers and institutes were founded. Operating in concert for decades, the School of Medicine and Medical
Center (UCI Health) became UCI Health Sciences in approximately the early 2000s.
2.4 Linear Feet
Property rights reside with the University of California. Copyrights are generally retained by the creators of the records
and their heirs. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright
owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where the UC Regents do not hold the copyright.
For information on use, copyright, and attribution, please visit: http://special.lib.uci.edu/using/publishing.html
This collection is open for research.