The West Van Nuys Chamber of Commerce
(WVNCC) was established in 1952 by a group of merchants in Van Nuys, who were members of the
West Valley Associated Chambers of Commerce and the Valley-Wide Streets, Highways, and
Transportation Committee. The collection documents the administrative functions of the
association through correspondence, minutes, newsletters, pamphlets and reports. Subject
files also contain materials that depict the various activities and goals of the
The West Van Nuys Chamber of Commerce (WVNCC) was established in 1952 by a group of local
merchants. The Chamber was a member of the West Valley Associated Chambers of Commerce and
the Valley-Wide Streets, Highways and Transportation Committee. Through voluntary
associations, local businessmen and property owners helped direct the growth and development
of the San Fernando Valley.
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s) of
this collection has not been transferred to California State University, Northridge.
Copyright status for other materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials
protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires
the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be
commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any
use rests exclusively with the user.
The collection is open for research use.