Record Series 17 contains records generated by the Los Angeles Medical Department, both before and during its affiliation
with the University of California.
The Los Angeles Medical Department was founded in 1885 as the University of Southern California College of Medicine. In 1909,
the college separated from USC to join the University of California, becoming the Los Angeles Medical Department, which would
continue to provide medical education in Southern California through the spring of 1952.
5.6 linear ft.
(4 boxes, 7 oversize boxes)
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.