This collection consists of correspondence, business records, and maps of the Kerckhoff-Cuzner Mill & Lumber Company of Los
Angeles, California, with
the bulk dating from 1883-1908. The majority deals with the purchase of Boschke’s Island in the Port of Los Angeles harbor.
The Kerckhoff-Cuzner Mill & Lumber Company was originally the Los Angeles, California, branch
of the J. G. Jackson Lumber Company. James Cuzner was managing it when in 1879
William George Kerckhoff (1856-1929) approached him about purchasing a partner stake
in the company. Cuzner and Kerckhoff each purchased a quarter stake in the company
and it then became the Jackson, Kerckhoff & Cuzner Lumber Company. In 1883 the
company incorporated, and Kerckhoff became president and Cuzner became
vice-president of the renamed Kerckhoff-Cuzner Mill & Lumber Company.
113 pieces in 1 box + 14 oversize
folders and 1 volume
The Huntington Library does not require that researchers request permission to
quote from or publish images of this material, nor does it charge fees for such
activities. The responsibility for identifying the copyright holder, if there is
one, and obtaining necessary permissions rests with the researcher.
Open to qualified researchers by prior application through the Reader Services
Department. For more information, contact Reader Services.