INVENTORY OF THE HENRY IKEMOTO COLLECTION, 1943-2013
Correspondence from American Red Cross soldier Shirley Cobb to soldier Kune Hisatomi. 1945
Photographs (mostly 2” x 3”) of the daily lives of Japanese soldiers in Italy 1944
Newspaper clippings. 1994-98
Pacific Citizen article: “Last Call for WWII Veterans Names on “Go for Broke” Monument. 1997
Reference photographs/printed resources (“A More Perfect Union” and “Go for Broke”). 2004
National Japanese American Historical Society and Hawaii’s Medal of Honor Salute. 1991, 1993, 2000
Los Angeles Times magazine article: “Homeland Insecurity”. 2003
Japanese American National Museum Quarterly V. 10 No. 3, 1995
The Girl With the White Flag by Tomiko Higa 1991
WWII/Japanese encampment, reference and educational materials n.d.
Essay: “The Scar: Plight of the American Japanese” 1982
Final Report: Japanese Evacuation From the West Coast book
“Go For Broke” Project, “thank you” letter, and copy of project. 2002
Camp Shelby WWII reunion and homecoming program. 1995
Japanese American National Museum, commemorative buttons. n.d.
Rohwer War Recollection Center: first Rohwer reunion photobook. 1990
Rohwer War Recollection Center: first Rohwer reunion program and letter. 1990
Rohwer War Recollection Center, second Rohwer reunion program. 1999.
Anti-tank Company 442nd Infantry History booklets. 1945
On Silent Wings: Military Gliders as Used in WWIIbooklet. n.d.
Lil Dan’l: One Year in a Relocation Center children’s booklet. 1989
West coast newspaper articles on Japanese Americans during WWII booklet. n.d.
Anti-tank Chapter 100th/442nd Veterans Association, printed articles and literature. 1997-2006
Military Intelligence Service Socal, printed resources. 2000
Mini Reunion of AT Chapter 100th B Chapter photos with list. 1995
Student correspondence. 2001
“Go For Broke” newsletters. 1995
The Torch newsletters. 2004-2013
Star Advertiser Newspaper. 2012
The Honolulu Advertiser Newspaper. 2000.
Spirit of Aloha, Vol 18, No. 3 magazine clipping. n.d.
Special units of WWII n.d.
The Rafu Shimpo newspaper. 2013
Highways of Honor Military Intelligence Service 442nd Regimental Combat Team 100th Infantry Battalion booklet. n.d.
Military Intelligence Service Language School: Camp Savage, Minnesota booklet. 1942-1944
Pacific Rim Profiles booklet. n.d.
“The End of the War in the Pacific: Surrender Documents in Facsimile” booklet. 1970
“Rising Anti-Asian Bigotry: Manifestations, Sources, Solutions” public hearing booklet. 1983
Translation of Japanese Interview Commemorating the 25th year of “A Colossal Sacrifice” printed resource. 2000
Golden Anniversary Reunion 442nd RCT booklet. 1993
Japanese American Korean War Veterans Souvenir booklet. 1997
“Echoes of Silence” AJA WWII Memorial Alliance resource disk (CD). 2006
D-Day 60th Anniversary WWII Veterans Committee photographs n.d.
Veterans of Military Intelligence Service Second National Reunion program. 1968
Mud and Blood 34th Infantry Division, Vol. 2, 2003, printed resource. n.d.
- A Pictorial History of the 36th Texas Infantry Division printed resources. 1944-1945
Letter re-submission of topic to National Geographic. 2001.
Remarks by President at Ceremony Honoring Asian American Medal of Honor Recipients printed resource. 2000
Battle of Bruyeres, Oct. 6-26, 1944, O’Conner’s Task Force, printed resources. 2006
Americans of Japanese Ancestry WWII Memorial Alliance List, printed resources. 2005
65th Anniversary of the Rescue of the Lost Battalion Tribute Dinner resources 2009
“Fighting for Tomorrow” Japanese American National Museum exhibit. 1995-1996
The Rafu magazine article: Memories of the Wars. 1993
An American Childhood: panel headings and labels printed resources. n.d.
Japanese American Veteran biographies, printed resources. n.d.
“225 Years of Service: The US Army 1775-2000” booklet. 2000
“Inside View Japanese American Evacuee Center at Rohwer, Arkansas” booklet. 1979
Soldiers magazine article “Go for Broke! Honoring Japanese American Vets”. 2003
“Redress! The American Promise” booklet. n.d.
“A Brief Account of the Korean War” booklet. n.d.
“Memorial Day Services Evergreen Memorial Park” program. 1998
“Honorary Texas Citizen Recognition for the 442nd Regimental Combat Team” certificate. 1963
“Program of Events in Honor of WWII Medal of the Honor Recipients” program. 2000
Los Angeles Times article “Brothers: Japanese American Family Saw Many Sides of War”. 1995
Los Angeles Times article “Words of Praise for Navajo Code Talkers’ Heroics” printed resource, 1995.
List of books, pamphlets, bulletins, etc. donated by Mildred Ikemoto
Donated books/booklets: The Lost Years 1942-46, The MISLS Album, Go For Broke: Legacy in Americanism.
Donated books/booklets: Asian Pacific Islander Veterans, Densho: The Japanese American Legacy Project.
- Adachi, Ken. The Enemy That Never Was: A history of the Japanese Canadians
- Adler, Bill. Growing Up Asian American
- Asahina, Robert. Just Americans: How Japanese Americans Won a War at Home and Abroad
- Brokaw, Tom. An Album of Memories: Personal Histories from the Greatest Generation
- Burton, Miyo. Japanese American Journey: The Story of a People
- Chang, Thelma. I Can Never Forget: Men of the 100th/442nd
- Cantrell, Bridget C. Once a Warrior: Wired For Life
- Crost, Lyn. Honor by Fire: Japanese Americans at War in Europe and the Pacific
- Dablemont, Larry. Ridge Runner
- Duus, Masayo. Unlikely Liberators: The Men of the 100th and 442nd
- Halloran, Richard. Sparky: Warrior, Peacemaker, Poet, Patriot
- Harris, Catherine. Dusty Exile: Looking Back at Japanese Relocation During World War II
- Hanley, James A. A Matter of Honor: A Memoire
- Honda, Hiroshi. Reflections of Internment: The Art of Hawaii's Hiroshi Honda
- Ichinokuchi, Tad. John Aiso and the M. I. S.: Japanese-American Soldiers in the Military Intelligence Service, World War II
- Irwin, Catherine. Twice Orphaned: Voices from the Children’s Village of Manzanar
- Ishigo, Estelle. Lone Heart Mountain
- Kim, Young Oak. The Unveiling of an American Story
- Knaefler, TK. Our House Divided
- Komatsu, Kimberly. In America's Shadow
- Kotani, Roland. The Japanese in Hawaii: A Century of Struggle
- Lim, Deborah K. The Lim Report: A Research Report of Japanese Americans in American Concentration Camps During World War II
- Malkin, Michelle. In Defense of Internment: The Case for Racial Profiling in World War II and the War on Terror
- Matsuo, Dorothy. Silent Valor: The Story of the 442nd Medics
- McNaughton, James C. Nisei Linguists: Japanese Americans in the Military Intelligence Service During World War II
- Mochizuki, Ken and Lee, Dom. Heroes
- Moulin, Pierre. U.S. Samurais in Bruyeres
- Muller, Eric. Free to Die for Their Country: The Story of the Japanese American Draft Resisters in World War II
- Nakano, Mei. Japanese American Women: Three Generations, 1890-1990
- Na and Rasmussen, Kai. The MISLS (Military Intelligence Service Language School) Album (Twenty First in the Combat Arms Series)
- Nicholson, Dorinda. Pearl Harbor Warriors: The Bugler, The Pilot, The Friendship
- Nomi. Nisei Odyssey - The Camp Years
- Ogawa, Dennis M. Kodomo No Tame Ni--For the Sake of the Children: The Japanese American Experience in Hawaii
- Ogawa, Dennis. To A Land Called Tengoku: One Hundred Years of the Japanese in Hawaii
- Oppenheim, Joanne. Stanley Hayami: Nisei Son
- Poston 1 Schoolchildren. Through Innocent Eyes: Writings and Art from the Japanese American Internment
- Pyle, Ernie. Brave Men
- Pyle, Ernie. Here is Your War
- Sakamoto, Mitsuo. My Best World War II Souvenir: Chronicles of One Man’s Experiences in the United States Army
- Steidl, Franz. Lost Battalions: Going for Broke in the Vosges, Autumn 1944
- Sterner, Douglas. Go For Broke: The Nisei Warriors of World War II Who Conquered Germany, Japan, and American Bigotry
- Rooney, Andy. My War
- Tamashiro, Ben. Remembrances 100th Infantry Battalion 50th Anniversary Celebration 1942-1992
- Sakakida, Richard. A Spy in Their Midst: The World War II Struggle of a Japanese-American Hero
- Susumo, Ito. Charlie Battery A Legend 522 FABN 1943-45Vol. 1
- Zedric, Lance Q. Silent Warriors of World War II: The Alamo Scouts Behind the Japanese Lines
- 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team
- Bruyeres 50 Anniversaire de la Liberation
- Due Process: Americans of Japanese Ancestry and the United States Constitution
- Final Report: Japanese Evacuation from the West Coast 1942
- General Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement for Manzanar National Historic Site
- Japanese Eyes American Heart: Personal Reflections of Hawaii's World War II Nisei Soldiers
- Military Intelligence Service Language School U.S. Army: Fort Snelling, Minnesota
- Report to the Governor on Discrimination Against Asians: Public Hearing Conducted on March 3, 1973, Seattle, Washington
- Standing Guard: Telling Our Stories