On January 23, 1940, the San Francisco Branch of the Railroadians of America was formed. Frederic Shaw was appointed as Western
Representative and elected temporary Chairman and Douglas S. Richter, temporary Secretary. The branch held its first few
meetings in 1940 in the dining car "Pacocha" on the Geranium Spur at the Southern Pacific Company's San Francisco station.
Once "Pacocha" was returned to service, meetings took place in an Assembly Hall on Gough St. and a church basement in San
Francisco. By the end of 1940, there were 18 members. On April 8, 1941, authority arrived from the New York headquarters
to elect officers. The positions were filled by David L. Stearns, Chairman, Robert C. Moulton, Vice-Chairman, Douglas S. Richter,
Secretary and Lloyd W. Altman, Treasurer. The Railroadians of America ran excursions, created displays, and produced calendars.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the CSRM Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the CSRM
as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must
also be obtained by the reader.