This collection consists of reprographic copies of plans dating from 1904 until 1976. The earliest drawings are of the Doulton
"Sea Side Resort" in 1904. A plot plan for proposed development of the site in 1922 by the firm Soule, Murphy & Hastings.
Proposed hotel addition and dining room alterations by Wayne McAllister plot plan, undated. There are also undated drawings
of alterations, and a dated plumbing plan from 1948. Multiple copies of topographical maps of the site from 1944, drawn for
the AGF-ASF Redistribution Center by the Corps of Engineers for the War Department. Copies of presentation site plans by Lutah
Maria Riggs from possibly the 1950s. Copies of the Mean High Tide Line survey from 1958. Site plan detailing buildings to
be removed, renovated, or to remain by Kruger, Bensen, Ziemer in 1973-1974. Grading plan for parking lot additions by engineering
firm Penfield & Smith, 1976. Aerial photographs and negatives, possibly from the 1960s. Sign plans and elevations, undated.
The Miramar Hotel was started in the 1880s by the Doulton family, which ran a hotel and farm operations on the site between
the railroad tracks and Jameson Lane. The hotel and grounds went through many renovations and iterations, and was used by
the military as a base (due to its proximity to the railroad and adjacent ocean pier) during World War Two. It was eventually
returned to private ownership after the war and continued to be used as a hotel until 2000, when it closed for renovations.
All of the original buildings outlined in this collection have been torn down and a new hotel opened in 2019.