The San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Photo Lab records, 1963-2014, bulk 1988-2014, (SAFR 24429, P14-008) are
comprised mainly of photographs documenting San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park daily operations and special events.
The collection has been processed to the File Unit level and is open for use.
Agency History: The San Francisco Maritime Museum, operated by the San Francisco Maritime Association, opened to the public
on May 28, 1951. In 1956, the San Francisco Maritime State Historic Park was established and existed under this name until
1978 when it became the National Maritime Museum, part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The Maritime Unit became
a separate national park called the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park in 1988.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.