This contains photographs, documents, house organs, and other materials related to the Avon Refinery in Concord, California
(formally Avon Village).
Associated Oil Company began construction of the Avon Refinery in 1913. Associated Oil Company and Tide Water Oil Company
formed a partnership in 1926 and merged ten years later, becoming Tide Water Associated. . J. Paul Getty gained control of
the company in 1951 and changed the name to Tide Water in 1954. The company name was changed to Tidewater Oil Company in 1956.
Phillips Petroleum purchased the refinery in 1966. Tosco purchased the property in 1976. A merger in 2001 resulted in ConocoPhillips
Contact the Contra Costa County Historical Society for publication permission.
Collection is open for research.