This collection includes financial documents from the North Shore Railroad Company.
The North Shore Railroad Company was incorporated on January 11, 1902. In 1902, the company purchased the entire property
of the North Pacific Coast Railroad Company, consisting of 92.61 miles of narrow gauge road in Marin and Sonoma Counties.
Almost immediately the North Shore began to electrify the line to serve municipalities contiguous to San Francisco Bay.
This work involved the reconstruction of these sections to provide for operation of narrow gauge steam equipment and standard
gauge electric equipment, by adding a third running rail. The North Shore Railroad Company became part of the Northwestern
Pacific Railroad Company (effective January 8, 1907).
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Capital District Collections Manager. Permission for publication is given
on behalf of the CSRM as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright
holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.
This collection is open for research at our off-site storage facility with one week's notice. Contact Library & Archives
staff to arrange for access.