Glen Park was the proposed site for a Mission Park and Zoo in September 1898. At that time, the land was owned by the California
Title Insurance and Trust Co. and by Glen Park Company. In August 1901, both properties were deeded to the Crocker Estate
Company; the Glen Park parcel first deeded to A. S. Baldwin, and from Baldwin to the Crocker Estate Co. Baldwin & Howell
were agents for the transaction. By February 1910, the Crocker Estate Co. was developing nearby areas, and homes had been
built on the east slope of the hill, adjacent to the park.