Record Series 291 contains the academic review files of UCLA's Graduate School of Management Staffing Committee from 1968-1988.
In 1939 the College of Business Administration at UCLA was authorized to institute a M.B.A. [Masters in Business Administration]
program and the first 27 graduate students in business entered the university. A doctoral program was initiated in 1953, and
in 1955 the graduate programs were used to form a graduate school of business separate from the undergraduate school. Special
agencies were then added to the graduate school, among them Western Data Processing Center (1956) and the Western Management
Science Institute (1960). In 1961 a master of science degree was added to the graduate school's curriculum and the school
library was established. Before the end of the 1960s, the undergraduate school and its B.S. degree in Business Administration
were phased out, leaving the Graduate School of Business Administration as the only source of business education on the UCLA
campus. The present name of John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management was bestowed on the school in 1987.
3.6 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.