The Marinship Corporation shipyard photograph, 1942-1945, (SAFR 24635, P15-007) is comprised of a panorama photograph of the
Marinship Corporation shipyard in Sausalito, California, during World War II. The collection has been processed to the Collection
level and is open for use.
The Marinship Corporation shipyard was founded in Sausalito, California, in 1942 to help meet shipbuilding demands during
World War II. Construction of the yard began in March, and the first ship keel was laid on June 27. Fifteen Liberty Ships
and seventy-eight T-2 oil tankers were built at the yard. The last ship launched on September 18, 1945. On May 16, 1946, the
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers took over the site.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.