College of Business and Economics Collection
consists of the records of the
college and previous business courses offered throughout CSUN's history. Records
include correspondence, accreditation reports, annual reports, press releases, program
brochures, event fliers, student association information, course information, and
reports on the economy of Northridge and the San Fernando Valley.
The Division of Business and Economics was established at the San Fernando Valley campus
of Los Angeles State College in 1956. After the campus separated to become San Fernando
Valley State College, the School of Business Administration and Economics was
established in 1964, with Dr. Paul Blomgren appointed as the first Dean. The school
offered both undergraduate and graduate coursework, and became accredited by the
American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business in 1974. In 2014, the school was
renamed the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics in honor of a donation made
by CSUN alumnus David Nazarian.
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s)
of this collection belongs to California State University, Northridge. Copyright
status for other materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials
protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use
requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public
domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners.
Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
The collection is open for research use.