This collection contains the official archive of the Zamorano Club, a Los Angeles-based club for bibliophiles and manuscript
collectors, which was founded in 1928.
The Zamorano Club is a Southern California organization for bibliophiles and manuscript collectors. It was founded in 1928, and sponsors lectures and publications on book-related topics. The Club was named in honor of Agustín V. Zamorano (1798-1842), a provisional governor of Alta California and the state's first printer. It is club tradition to present keepsakes
to members at meetings, resulting in a variety of printed mementos ranging from pamphlets to small books; sometimes the items
are reproductions of historical documents.
The Zamorano Club retains the literary rights to the material.
All membership and financial materials are sealed to everyone except Zamorano Club board members for a period of 10 years
from the date of their creation.