Simons Brick Company had a well-publicized plant in present-day Montebello, California, from 1905 to 1952. Their common red
bricks were used to construct many well-known extant structures, including the original 1913 building of the Natural History
Museum and UCLA's Royce Hall. Known as plant number three, it operated as a company town, whereby workers and their families
lived on site. The town, Simons, had a school, post office, stores, restaurants, and cultural outlets, such as musical groups.