Woman's Club Collection
documents club administration, activities, philanthropic
endeavors, and the acquisition and management of their clubhouse. It details membership and
committee work through business and executive meeting agendas, minutes, and attendance
records. Fundraising events and local field trips are documented by press clippings,
photographs, scrapbooks, club bulletins, yearbooks, and records assembled by the club
Historian. These materials provide insight into San Fernando Valley cultural life through
member events and charity fundraisers, as well as women's twentieth century social networks
in the Los Angeles region.
The Encino Woman's Club was founded in 1927 by a small group of local women that met
regularly for a monthly potluck and game of cards. The early years of the Club were spent on
leisure activities, establishing their club room, and charitable activities that included
sewing for the Pacific Home and the McKinley Home for Boys.
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s) of
this collection has not been transferred to California State University, Northridge.
Copyright status for other materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials
protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires
the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be
commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any
use rests exclusively with the user.
The collection is open for research use.