The collection contains materials related to the Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP) and its predecessors.
Most items were collected from Dean Olaf H. Tegner's office, and range in date from 1964 to 2005. Materials include advertisements,
class schedules, correspondence, budgets, curriculum proposals, meeting notes, faculty files, audiovisual recordings of GSEP
dinners, and other items.
At George Pepperdine College, Education and Psychology were initially two separate departments. In 1957, Olaf H. Tegner was
named head of the Education Department, then appointed dean of the School of Education in 1970. The School of Education offered
Pepperdine's first doctoral degree, the Ed.D., in 1976. After Pepperdine's Los Angeles campus closed in 1981, the School
of Education merged with the Psychology Division and both moved to a business park in West Los Angeles named Pepperdine University
Plaza. In 1982, the schools were renamed as the Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP).
13.2 Linear Feet
Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Advance notice required for access.