Record Series 515 contains historian books generated by UCLA's Medical Faculty Wives organization.
The Medical Faculty Wives at the University of California, Los Angeles, began with an informal luncheon in 1949 to discuss
the desirability of such an organization as a benefit to the medical school (founded in 1945). Originating members included
Mrs. John Lawrence, Mrs. Charles Carpenter, Mrs. Norman Nelson, and Mrs. Stafford Warren (chairwoman). As stated in the Constitution
of the Medical Faculty Wives, the organization sought to "encourage wider acquaintance among the members and the sharing of
common interest in the development of the School of Medicine and Hospital." Activities of the group included regular meetings,
the organization of charity events, and operation of a patient library.
2.2 linear ft.
(3 boxes, 1 oversize box)
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.