Record Series 299 contains the administrative files of George Steiner. files include correspondence, proposals, conference
proceedings, personnel rosters, grant requests, memoranda, and drafts of research papers.
In 1939 the College of Business Administration at UCLA was authorized to institute a M.B.A. program and the first 27 graduate
students in business entered the university. A doctoral program was initiated in 1953; and in 1955, the graduate programs
were used to a graduate school of business separate from the undergraduate school. Special agencies were then added to the
graduate school, among them the Western Data Processing Center (1956) and Western Management Science Institute (1960). In
1961, a master of science degree was added to the graduate school's curriculum and the school library was established. Before
the end of the 1960s, the undergraduate school and its B.S. degree in Business Administration were phased out, leaving the
Graduate School of Business Administration as the only source of business education on the UCLA campus. The present name of
the John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management was bestowed on the the school in 1987.
6.8 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection is held by The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University Archives
can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish or quote
must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.