Jump to Content
Bio-bibliographical information from the Department of Music files, 150 leaves.
Materials pertaining to the death of Professor Lawton.
Faculty correspondence at Berkeley from 1938-41, 50 leaves.
About 105 programs of the University of California University Chorus and the University of California Repertory Chorus conducted by Professor Lawton dating from 1939-65. Also some reviews of these concerts.
Choral compositions and music for voice.
1. Alleluya: Ave Maria. 1 leaf. Also 80 copies in the Departmental Chorus Library.
2. Audi coelum (1610) of Claudio Monteverdi. Edited from the original edition, 1963. 26 pp. Dedicated to Enrique Jord (March 24, 1963).
3. Casey Jones, pub. E.C. Schirmer, 1940, 21 pp.
4. Catches, for three, four, and five voices. Selected and edited by Edward Lawton. Pub.Music Press, Inc., 1947, 15 pp.
5. Christmas Story: Overture,4 leaves. Also 106 copies in the Chorus Library.
6. From the Book of Proverbs, 7 leaves. Dated: Berkeley, 6-11 October, 1953. Also 112 copies in the Chorus Library.
7. He's o'er the hills. Scottish folk tune arr., 6 leaves. Dated: Berkeley, Feb 8, 1950.
8. Hey Johnnie Cope.Scottish folksong arr., 14 pp.
9. Jesse James, 15 pp. Also 92 copies in the Chorus Library.
10. Kyrie: Rex Virginum, 3 leaves. English, 13th century, transcribed by Edward Lawton. Also 221 copies in the Chorus Library.
11. Lully, lullay, 7 pp. Dated: Berkeley, October 2, 1940. A Kentucky mountain carol arr. Also 129 copies in the Chorus Library.
13. Medieval Triptych, for voice, violin, viola and cello. Score and parts. Dedicated to Mary Groom Jones. Dated: 1945, 1947, 1949. Score, 11 pp.
14. Oh, Susannah, 2 pp. Arranged. Dated: February, 1941. Also 85 copies in the Chorus Library.
15. Psalm CL "Praise the Lord",4 pp. Dated: Berkeley, 1956. Inscription; "To Manus Bansurcu. A commission of the Composers' Forum, by the Treble Clef Choir of the Ripon Christian High School, Ripon, California, Thomas Heck, Director."
16. Songs of Innocence, 15 leaves. Also 119 copies in the Chorus Library.
17. A Sonnet of Donne "At the round earth's imagin'd;" 5 leaves. Dated: Berkeley, May 8, 1955. For: Robert Commanday and the University of California Glee Club.
18. A Sonnet of Enzo Re, 4 pages. Dated: Berkeley, 8-23 Jan., 1954. Also 82 copies in the Chorus Library.
18 Variations on Precious Promises,14 pp. Dated: Berkeley, June-September, 1953. Also 33 copies in the Chorus Library.
19. Psalm 149, 9 leaves. "Commissioned through the Composers' Forum by the Church Divinity School of the Pacific Summer Class of 1957." Inscribed to David [Boyden]. Mimeograph copy.