Inventory of the Minutes of Faculty Meetings of the Graduate School of Management, 1963-1982
Processed by UCLA University Archives staff; machine-readable finding aid created by Caroline Cubé.
UCLA Library, Department of Special Collections
21560 Young Research Library
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Title: Minutes of Faculty Meetings of the Graduate School of Management
Date (inclusive): 1963-1982
Record Series number: 289
Creator: University of California, Los Angeles.
5 boxes (2 linear ft.)
University of California, Los Angeles. Library.
Department of Special Collections. University Archives.
Los Angeles, California 90095-1575
Physical location: Stored off-site at SRLF. Advance notice is required for access to the collection. Please contact the UCLA Library, Department
of Special Collections, University Archives Reference Desk for paging information.
Restrictions on Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library, Department
of Special Collections University Archives Reference Desk for paging information.
Restrictions on Use and Reproduction
Property rights to the physical object belong to the UCLA Library,
Department of Special Collections, University Archives. Literary rights, including copyright,
are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of
the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the
copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC
Regents do not hold the copyright.
Source of Acquisition/Provenance
John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management. Transfer, 1988.
[Identification of item], Minutes of Faculty Meetings of the Graduate School of Management (Record Series number 289). Department
of Special Collections, University Archives, Charles E. Young Research Library, UCLA.
In 1939 the College of Business Administration at UCLA was authorised to institute a
M.B.A. program and the first 27 graduate students in business entered the university. A
doctoral program was initiated in 1953, and in 1955 the graduate programs were used to
form a graduate school of business separate from the undergraduate school. Special
agencies were then added to the graduate school, among them Western Data Processing
Center (1956) and the Western Management Science Institute (1960). In 1961 a master of
science degree was added to the graduate school's curriculum and the school library was
established. Before the end of the 1960s, the undergraduate school and its B.S. degree in
Business Administration were phased out, leaving the Graduate School of Business
Administration as the only source of business education on the UCLA campus. The present
name of John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management was bestowed on the school in
Minutes of Faculty Meetings. Record Series 289
Scope and Content Note
Contains minutes of faculty meetings for years 1963-1982.