The Imperial Hotel Register is a single 200 page, leather-bound volume (1915-1917). It
contains the names and addresses of guests together with the dates of their stay.
The Imperial Hotel was located at 5 West Oak Street from 1912 until its closure in 1989.
Among the early proprietors of the Hotel were Mrs. Henrietta Monroe (1915-1916) and Mrs.
Margaret Walker (1917). The Imperial had about forty-five rooms and catered to salesmen
and middle class travelers.
The library can only claim physical ownership of the collection. Users are responsible
for satisfying any claimants of literary property.
Collection is open for research by appointment only.