Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Romance language collection, 1678-1923
Special Collections M0128  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (80.83 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
 
Table of contents What's This?
  • Descriptive Summary
  • Administrative Information
  • SCOPE AND CONTENT

  • Descriptive Summary

    Title: Romance language collection,
    Date (inclusive): 1678-1923
    Collection number: Special Collections M0128
    Extent: 1.5 linear ft.
    Repository: Stanford University. Libraries. Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives.
    Language: English.

    Administrative Information

    Access Restrictions

    None.

    Publication Rights

    Property rights reside with the repository. Literary rights reside with the creators of the documents or their heirs. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Public Services Librarian of the Dept. of Special Collections.

    Provenance

    Various sources

    Preferred Citation:

    [Identification of item] Romance language collection, M0128, Dept. of Special Collections, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.

    SCOPE AND CONTENT

    Several small collections of letters, civil documents, literary mss. in Spanish, Catalan, Italian and Latin and two translations from Spanish to English.

    Additional Note

    Detailed record of legal proceedings begun and carried out by Don Josef de Gainza on behalf of son, Don Manuel Josef de Gainza, for purpose of establishing son's rights to privileges of nobility. Record of proceedings, involving tracing of son's genealogy, reported step by step, with names of witnesses and officials concerned included. Proceedings begun in March, 1783, and concluded favorably for Don Josef de Gainza in 1785. At end of record of proceedings appear certificates signed by officials in Valladolid, Spain, in June, 1784, by officials in village of Deva, Mexico (Province of Guipúzcoa), in December, 1784, and by King of Spain at Aranjuez, Spain, in May, 1785.