Record Series 5 contains the event files of the UCLA Committee on Fine Arts Productions from 1959-1980.
In 1936, UC President Robert Sproul appointed the Committee on Drama, Lectures, and Music (later known as the Committee on
Fine Arts Production and currently known as the Center for Performing Arts) to present on-campus one musical event each year.
The first event sponsored by the Committee occurred on 4 February 1937 when the Vienna Choir Boys performed on the UCLA campus.
During the 1960's, under the leadership of Frances Inglis, the Center built a national and international reputation for the
size and sophistication of its programs. In 1973,Inglis was succeeded by Edmond Harris, who increased the number of programs
and encouraged works by new and avant-garde artists. In 1979, Harris was succeeded by Pebbles Wadsworth.
22.4 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.