The collection consists of maps, photographs, and descriptive text on various buildings
in Orange County, California, primarily public institutions. The Pacific National Fire
Insurance Company in Santa Ana, California produced these records between 1942 and 1951
for insurance purposes. The photographs and maps provide visual documentation of the
buildings and their surroundings as they appeared in the 1940's and the accompanying text
provides detailed information on construction, location, size, and maintenance.
Property rights reside with the University of California. Literary rights are retained by
the creators of the records and their heirs. For permissions to reproduce or to publish,
please contact the Head of Special Collections and University Archives.