Inventory of the Sydney W. Bone Collection, 1936-1977
Inventory of the Sydney W. Bone Collection, 1936-1977
Collection number: MS 44California State Railroad Museum Library
- California State Railroad Museum Library
- 111 "I" Street
- Sacramento, California 95814
- Phone: (916) 323-8073
- Fax: (916) 327-5655
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.csrmf.org/library.html
- Processed by:
- The California State Railroad Museum Library staff
- Encoded by:
- Xiuzhi Zhou
- Alexander, Frances
- Armstrong, Walter (American National Bank and Trust Company of Chicago)
- Askew, Hiram
- Baird, Frederick
- Barrett, John A. (Vice President, Norfolk and Western Railway Co.)
- Barrigar, John W. (President, Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad Co.)
- Bickley, John L. (Passenger Traffic Manager, Grand Trunk Western Railroad)
- Brown, Harry A. B.
- Buckingham, Ralph C. (Secretary-Treasurer, AAPTO)
- Burke, W.F.
- Campbell, Douglas
- Carroll, Robert W. (Secretary, New York Central)
- Chess, T. Louis (Chairman, San Mateo County Board of Supervisors)
- Clark, William (Financial Editor, Chicago Tribune)
- Collins, Mac G.
- Cone, Fairfax M.
- Cramer, Ralph N. (Assistant Vice President, Freight Sales & Service, New York Central)
- Crapser, Merlin T.
- Del Valle, U. F. "Frank" (Division Passenger Agent, AT&SF)
- DiCarlo, Joseph B.
- Divney, J.J. (New York Central)
- Dixon, Harvey E.
- Dubin, Arthur
- Eno, Harold F.
- Erwin, Harold J. (Research Analyst, New York Central)
- Farley, James A. (Postmaster-General; Chairman, Coca-Cola)
- Feeley, William P. (Chairman, Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Co.)
- Finn, Joseph John
- Flint, Sam H. (Vice President, Quaker Oats Co.)
- Florance, John D.
- Fox, Bonham (Area Vice President, Sales, Trans World Airlines)
- Ganzert, Phil (New York Central)
- Gardner, C. Gil (American President Lines)
- [Gonsalves, Robert E.] (Passenger Sales Manager, Western Pacific)
- Greco, Alfred (Public Relations, Association of Western Railways)
- Gurney, Bill
- Hahn, Max W. (Assistant Vice President, Advertising & Sales, Avis)
- Hanson, Harold F.
- Hardin, Paul R.
- Harrison, Art
- Haverkemp, Wilbur S. (Coal Sales Manager, Coal & Ore Dept, New York Central)
- Heissenbuttel, E.V. (Chairman, Docket Committee, AAPTO; Passenger Sales Manager, Long Island Railroad)
- Hillman, W.A. (District Freight Sales Manager, New York Central)
- Hoffman, Wayne M.
- Horley, Roy
- Justus, Robert R.
- Keeshin, Jack L. (President, Railroad Transfer Service)
- Kent, Harold W. (President Emeritus, The Kamehameha Schools)
- Knempel, Stasia
- Kropp, Jeannette and Art
- Laskoske, A.W. (Vice President, Operation, New York Central)
- Lewis, Robert G. (Publisher, Railway Age Weekly)
- Loeber, Charles (Executive Assistant, New York Central)
- Main, William R.
- Malone, Frank (New York Central)
- McNally, Andrew III (President, Rand McNally & Co.)
- Meuse, Bill
- Mitts, Neil A. (General Passenger Agent, Erie Lackawanna Railroad)
- Nerland, Tom
- Nordgren, Paul E. (Chicago, North Shore & Milwaukee)
- Norwood, Jack E. (Assistant Vice President, Freight Sales Dept, New York Central)
- Ogier, Felix L.
- Ogilvie, William E. (Secretary-General Manager, International Live Stock Exposition)
- Oldenquist, A.G. (General Passenger Traffic Manager, Erie Lackawanna)
- Pappione, Val (New York Central)
- Rodger, John H. (Union Carbide Corp.)
- Rotchford, Howard
- Rudolph, Martin A. (Assistant Vice President, Harris Trust & Savings Bank)
- Schmick, Franklin Bush
- Shantz, M. Irene
- Sihler, Florence
- Soen, Frank P. (President, Bulk Transfer Utilization, Inc.)
- Sorensen, Ruby
- Spurrier, Harry B. (District Director of Public Relations, New York Central)
- Steinhardt, O.J. (Assistant Passenger Sales Manager, New York Central)
- Tallo, Paul Jr.
- Thornton, William L.
- Van Auken, Paul S.
- Van Wyck, K.C. / Scott, F.G. (Passenger Traffic Managers, Great Northern and Northern Pacific Railroads)
- Werner, Gerald J. (Director of Traffic & Transportation, Motorola)
- White, Paul
- White, W.H. (New England, Freight Sales Manager, New York Central)
- White, William
- Zaug, Catherine
- staff (various full names)
- Betty & Ray
- Frank (Penn Central)
- Mike (New York Central)
Key to Arrangement
Correspondence. Incoming. A-E.
Correspondence. Incoming. F-I.
Correspondence. Incoming. J-P.
Correspondence. Incoming. Q-Z.
Correspondence. Incoming. Unidentified.
Correspondence. Outgoing. Jul. 1966-Jan. 1977.
American Association of Passenger Traffic Officers. Annual Meeting. 1965.
American Association of Passenger Traffic Officers. Annual Meeting. 1966.
American Association of Passenger Traffic Officers. Membership. Retirement information.
American Association of Passenger Traffic Officers. Membership Lists (Retired).
American Association of Railroad Ticket Agents. Annual Meeting. 1953.
Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe. Includes the Telegraph Department's Cipher Book No. 19 dated Jul. 1, 1938, and a list of steam locomotives donated by the company to communities and organizations.
Hollywood Athletic Club. Menu. Dated Christmas Day, 1937.
Long Island Railroad. Includes promotional materials.
New York Central. Includes a booklet entitled "Tact," and an announcement for a retirement testimonial for Leonard Rose, 1966.
New York Central. Memos.
New York Central. Press Release. Relates to Mr. Bone's retirement.
New York Central. Telephone Directories. 1961-1965.
New York Central / Pennsylvania Railroad Joint Committee. Report. Draft, 1953. "Summary of Work of Joint Committee Appraising Possible Pooling
Railway Systems and Management Association. Meetings. 1964-1965.
Rotary Club. Includes luncheon announcement and listing of committee appointments.
United Airlines. Includes brochure "Holidays on Broadway" dated 1975.
Photographs. Ca. 1963-1966.
Clippings. Not dated.
Clippings. Ca. 1936-1965.
Clippings. 1966-1969. These relate to Mr. Bone's retirement.
Clippings. 1970. These are multiple copies of a newspaper containing an article about folk singer Tom Bone.
Letterhead. Professional. New York Central.
Periodicals. Trains. Aug. 1962. Article by Arthur Dubin, inscribed to Mr. Bone.
Personal Information. Financial.
Professional activities. Includes notebooks, handwritten notes, phone messages, and business cards.