Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Inventory of Presidents' Papers, Papers of Richard A. Gleeson, S.J., 1905-1910
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (55.53 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Table of contents What's This?

Container List



Folder 1

Note on fire insurance for the Faculty Residence received after the 1909 fire.


Souvenir Program: "All honor to the valiant rescuers of the Old Misssion[sic] Church." Program for banquet given by the S.C. faculty to thank the fire fighters, Jan. 18, 1910.




To "Dear Friend" from The Executive Committee of S.C.U. Building Collectors, May 19, 1910. (3 copies)


To Gleeson from J.P. Campbell re the fire of 1909, Dec. 24, 1909.


To Gleeson from Archbishop Riordan expressing his sympathy about the fire, Dec. 22, 1909.


To Gleeson from Archbishop Riordan re removal of Santa Clara College to Loyola Corners, Jan. 25, 1910.


To Gleeson from Archbishop Riordan re his donation to the building fund, Jan 26, 1910.


To Rev. Joseph Sasia, S.J., from Archbishop Riordan re the letter he wrote for Gleeson to help him collect funds for the new Santa Clara College, Jan. 26, 1910.


To Gleeson from J.M. O'Hara, J.M. re his inability to contribute to S.C., April 26, 1910.


Telegram to Gleeson from Palomares, Frank re the "Campaign to Raise $50,000", April 8, 1910.


Pamphlet: "The University of Santa Clara which will succeed Santa Clara College at Loyola , near Mountain View, Santa Clara County, Needs and Seeks Generous Benefactors." n.d. [1910]. 5 copies.


Open letter (printed): To Gleeson from Riordan, re support for fund-raising for new college, Jan. 25, 1910.



Folder 2

Ledgers documenting loans taken out against "Building Fund Money" by faculty and staff, ca. 1909. 2 pages.

Folder 3

Reciepts and loan instruments. 1907-1910.



Folder 4

Correspondence to Gleeson from G.B. Raffeto re his son's tuition rates, Aug. 4, 1906.



Folder 5

Letter to Mrs. [Mary] Wempe from Mrs. Eustace Cullinan of the Woman's Committee re building of the Richard A. Gleeson Library Building at the University of San Francisco. 1940. 1 page."