Jump to Content
1. 1900,Photo of James Deitrick.
2. 1902, Apr. 25.C. F. Dean to J. W. Harriman. Introduction to Deitrick, funds for China affairs.
3. 1908, July 9.Wm. [Barbour] to J. Milne Barbour. Introduction to J.D., Belfast [Ireland] Rope Works.
4. 1911, July 20.W. E. Chilton to Elliott Northcott.
5. 1912, Mar. 2.J. H. Goeke to J.D. Enclosing letter of introduction (now missing) to Myron T. Herrick, U. S. ambassador to France; Nicaragua affairs.
6. 1912, Apr. 10.M. A. Karshner to Myron T. Herrick. Letter of introduction.
7. 1912, Oct. 21.Typed copy of Protocol between Russia and Mongolia with ms. notations.
8. 1912, Dec. 25.London Wall Estate Ltd. to J.D. Bill for office rent.
9. 1912, Dec. 27.Same as #8.
10. 1912-1915, Aug.James Deitrick. Extracts from Diary. Russian affairs.
11. 1913, Feb. 4.G[eorge] Simon to J.D. Nicaragua land, a signed option.
12. 1913, Oct. 13.Pauling & Co., Ltd. to J.D.
13. 1913, Oct. 16.G. Simon to J.D. Nicaragua land.
14. 1913, Oct. 16.Baron Antonin de Mandat-Grancey to George Simon. Nicaragua Timber and Fruit Lands Co.
15. 1913, Oct. 17.George Simon to J.D. Nicaragua interests.
16. 1913, Oct. 20.[James Deitrick] to George Simon.
17. 1913, Oct. 20.[James Deitrick] to Nicaragua Timber and Fruit Lands Co., Board of Directors.
18. 1913, Oct. 28.in French. J[ean] Boisse to J.D.
19. 1913, Oct. 29.in French. J[ean] Boisse to J.D.
20. 1913, Oct. 29.J. Boisse to J.D.
21. 1913, Nov. 6.[J.D.] to Jean Boisse with signed copy of contract.
22. 1913, Dec. 9.Georges Fleureau to J.D. re: Bara & Mathieu.
1. Jan. 12.Bliss, Ballett & Co. to J.D. Steamship reservations.
2. Jan. 12.James A. O'Gorman to J.D.
3. Jan. 15.F. [Alcántara] to J.D. Caracas business.
4. Feb. 4.Thomas J. Walsh to Charles S. Hartman. Introducing J.D., Ecuador.
5. Mar. 7.Power of attorney. J.D. to Henry A. Wolff.
6. Mar. 16.William V. Alford to J.D. China, Alaska and South America interests.
7. Mar. 17.W. B. Storey to J.D. Railroads.
8. Mar. 18.G. F. Sulzberger to J.D. Nicaragua lands.
9. Mar. 25.Chicago National Bank of the Republic to J.D.
10. Mar. 27.Confirmation slip of #9.
11. Mar. 31.Netherlands Farms Co. of Calif.
12. [Mar. 31].Netherlands Farms Co.
13. May 13.E. R. Lilienthal to J.D. Netherlands Farms Co.
14. May 16.(Illegible) to J.D. Bananas.
15. Sept. 7.[J.D.] to Samuel Hill. Redwood railroad ties, Calif. coast railroad route.
16. Sept. 11.Henry Clifford Stuart to David Lloyd George. Anti-British, anti-gold standard.
17. 1914, Sept. 12.[J.D.] to [Herbert C.] Hoover. Netherlands Farms Co. property, Natomas, farm lands for immigrants, anti-Johnson sentiments (suggests Hoover as his opponent for Senate).
18. Sept. [12?].[J.D.] to H. C. Hoover. Natomas, J.D.'s business, railroad ties & routes in Calif. Albion River area.
19. Oct. 20.Henry Clifford Stuart to Robert M. LaFollette. National political & diplomatic morals (or lack of).
20. Oct. 28.Henry Clifford Stuart to J.D. Personal description, finance, Dr. [Sun Yat-sen], Richard W. Austin, Mrs. Stuart's German education, white man's governments, China.
21. [Oct. 28].Printed record of H. C. Stuart with typed and holograph additions.
22. [Oct. 28]. Congressional Record. Clip of Sept. 13 with letters of H. C. Stuart. (1913)
23. [Oct. 28]. Congressional Record. Extract Mar. 30, 1914. H. C. Stuart.
24. Oct. 28.Henry Clifford Stuart to J.D.
25. Oct. 28.Jno. F. Stevens to J.D. Calif. timber tract and railroad ties.
26. Oct. 28.Bela Telkes de Kelenfold to J.D. Nicaragua climate, plant growth, seeds.
27. Oct. 30.Henry Clifford Stuart to J.D. Photos for the Doctor [Sun Yat-sen], Yuan Shi-kai, China.
28. Oct. 31.Clip re: Wm. Averill Harriman.
29. Oct.The Bull Tractor.
30. Nov. 1.Henry Clifford Stuart to J.D. Japan & China.
31. Nov. 5.Henry Clifford Stuart to J.D. Sun Yat-sen, photos & brief (enclosed), war.
32. Nov. 5.Henry Clifford Stuart. Brief for photo.
33. Nov. 10.[J.D.] to Edward Remus. Bringing farmers to Alaska, tractors, export dried fruits, Telkes girls.
34. 1914, Nov. 10.G. Frederick Wright to J.D. Books to be presented in Russia, William Stevenson, Alaskan R.R., printed brochure of one book.
35. Nov. 18.[J.D.] to John F. Stevens. Albion, Calif. timber tract, proposed rail line.
36. Nov. 21.John Downey Works to George T. Marye, Jr. Introducing J.D. to U. S. ambassador to Russia.
37. Nov. 30.Sun Yat-sen to J.D. Needs money, copy of letter to Woodrow Wilson, Chinese Huerta, revolt against Yuan Shi-kai, copy of letter to Morgan Co., Young China.
38. Dec. 8.C. L. Best Gas Traction Company. to J.D. Specifications of Wagons.
39. Dec. 14.Bull Tractor Company to J.D.
40. Dec. 15.Illegible to J.D. Trying to get Telkes girls out of concentration camp.
41. Dec. 24.[Lt. Tector?] to J.D. Telkes girls in concentration camp.
42. Dec. 30.G. Frederick Wright to J.D. Senator Lin, China, Russia.
43. Dec. 31John W. McGrath (sec. to T.R.) to J.D.
44. 1914.Printed pamphlet in Russian.
45. .Natomas Consolidated of California.
46. [1914?]. What is Natomas Consolidated of California.
1. Jan. 1.[Sun Yat-sen] to J.D.
2. Jan. 4.Newcomb Carlton's sec. to J.D.
3. Jan. 5.John Burke to J.D. Farm machinery, Larimore & Webb, J.S. Murphy, farm superintendents for Russian wheat land, Cooper.
4. Jan. 6,C. L. Best Gas Traction Co. to J.D. Apptmt as legal agent abroad for Best & Lewis Motor Truck Co.
5. Jan. 7.George E. Chamberlain to J.D.
6. 1915, Jan. 7. San Francisco Chamber of Commerce Activities.
7. Jan. 7.Asle J. Gronna to Geo. E. Chamberlain List of large scale farmers in N. Dakota. Autograph note on verso.
8. Jan. 8.J.D. to [UNK]
9. Jan. 8.J.D. to [UNK]
10. Jan. 8.[J.D.] to John Burke
11. Jan. 8.[J.D.] to George T. Webb
12. Jan. 8.R. W. Farrar (sec. to Sen. McCumber) to J.D. List of large farmers in N. Dakota.
13. Jan. 8.George T. Webb to J.D.
14. Jan. 8.George T. Webb to J.D.
15. Jan. 11.J. D. Bacon to J.D.
16. Jan. 11.George T. Webb to J.D.
17. Jan. 12.J. S. Murphy to J.D. Farming advice, interest in superintendant job.
18. Jan. 14.O. J. Sorlie to J.D.
19. Jan. 14.Jacques L. Vauclain to J.D.
20. Jan. 14.George T. Webb to J.D.
21. Jan. 16.J. P. Beltz to J.D.
22. Jan. 17.[J.D.] to Thomas P. Cooper
23. Jan. 17.[J.D.] Carl Gaumitz & W. R. Porter. Offering positions.
24. Jan. 17.[J.D.] to J. S. Murphy.
25. Jan. 17.[J.D.] George T. Webb
26. Jan. 19.J. S. Murphy to J.D.
27. Jan. 20.U. L. Burdick to J.D.
28. Jan. 21.[Carl Gaumnitz] to J.D.
29. Jan. 21.A. T. Jackson to J.D. Supplying machinery.
30. Jan. 21.G. J. Johnson to George S. Houston.
31. 1915, Jan. 21.Hotel Theresa, N.Y.C. to J.D.
32. Jan. 22.George T. Webb to J.D.
33. Jan. 22.W.R. Porter to J.D.
34. Jan. 23.[J.D.] to Bernard M. Baruch.
35. Jan. 23.[J.D.] to Mark A. Carleton.
36. Jan. 23.[J.D.] to George E. Chamberlain.
37. Jan. 23.[J.D.] to J. Henry Goeke.
38. Jan. 23.[J.D.] to A. T. Jackson.
39. Jan. 23.[J.D.] to A. Scherbatsky.
40. Jan. 25.[J.D.] to J. C. Barclay.
41. Jan. 25.[J.D.] to P. J. Beltz.
42. Jan. 25.[J.D.] to Carl Gaumnitz.
43. Jan. 25.[J.D.] to J. S. Murphy.
44. Jan. 25.[J.D.] to W. R. Porter.
45. Jan. 25.[J.D.] to George T. Webb.
46. Jan. 25.Frank Oliver to J. D.
47. Jan. 26.Mark A. Carleton to J.D.
48. Jan. 26.[J.D.] to M. Duboss.
49. Jan. 26.[J.D.] to A. D. Wilson.
50. Jan. 26.Emerson-Brantingham Implement Co. to J. D.
51. Jan. 26.Emerson-Brantingham to J.D.
52. Jan. 26.Emerson-Brantingham to James Rees & Sons.
53. Jan. 26.Henry Clifford Stuart to J.D.
54. Jan. 27.Burrell Engineering & Construction Co. to J.D. Grain elevator plans.
55. Jan. 27.Sherwin-Williams Co. to J.D.
56. Jan. 27.[Sun Yat-sen] to [J.D.]
57. Jan. 27.George T. Webb to J.D.
58. 1915, Jan. 27.Donald Wright to J.D.
59. Jan. 28.J. H[enry] Goeke to J.D.
60. Jan. 29.[J.D.] to Emerson-Brantingham.
61. Jan. 29.Henry Clifford Stuart to J.D.
62. Jan. 29. Stuttgarter Sanitary Woolen Underwear Co. to J.D.
63. Jan. 30.[J.D.] to W. G. Marfield.
64. Jan. 30.[J.D.] to Donald Wright.
1915, February - March
1. Feb. 5.Sun Yat-sen to J.D. Future plans, failure of second revolution.
2. Mar. 15.[J.D.] to Alexis Sergius Ermoloff.
3. Mar. 15.E. D. Winslow to J.D.
4. Mar. 16.A[lexis Sergius] Ermolof to J.D.
5. , Mar. 16.G. Kozakow to J.D.
6. Mar. 18.[J.D.] to Count Musin-Puskin.
7. Mar. 19.[J.D.] to Liang Tun-yen. China.
8. Mar. 19.[J.D.] to Paul Samuel Reinsch.
9. Mar. 19.[J.D.] to Unknown and copy. Relations with Russia, Alaska Railroad, extension of Trans-Siberian Railway.
10. Mar. 21.[J.D.] to G. Kozakow.
11. Mar. 23.J.D. to Serge D. Sozonov and copy.
12. Mar. 23.J.D. to Serge D. Sozonov and copy.
13. Mar. 26.[J.D.] to Alexander Krivocheine.
14. , Mar. 26,[J.D.] to Alexander Krivocheine. Turkestan.
15. Mar. 26.[J.D.] to C. B. Rookhloff. Railroad and agricultural equipment manufacture.
16. Mar. 26.[J.D.] to Grand Duke Alexander.
17. 1915, Mar. 27.[J.D.] to C. B. Rookhloff & copy.
18. Mar. 27.[J.D.] to Sun Yat-sen. Mongolia, Gen. Hwang.
1915, April - May
1. Apr. 2.[J.D.] to S. D. Sazonov.
2. Apr. 6.C. N. Beal to J.D.
3. Apr. 11.Charles S. Wilson to J.D.
4. Apr. 16.Bill of lading and list to J.D.
5. Apr. 19.Wellman, Peck & Co. to J.D. Forwarding trunk of samples.
6. Apr. 27.Agreement in Russian with seal and translation James Deitrick, Eugene E. Skorniakoff & Joseph Polkhovski.
7. Apr.Wellman, Peck & Co.
8. May 4.[J.D.] to Joseph Polkhovski.
9. May 4.[J.D.?] to Michael E. Skorniakoff.
10. May 5.Wellman, Peck & Co. to J.D.
11. May 6.Colt's Patent Fire Arms Mfg. Co. to J.D. Requests J.D. to act as sales rep. in China and Japan.
12. May 6.[J.D.] to Emperor of Russia with proposals regarding railroads.
13. May 6.Emerson-Brangingham to J.D. & copy.
14. May 12.[J.D.] to C. L. Best.
15. May 12.[J.D.] to C. L. Best Gas Traction Co.
16. May 12.[J.D.] to D. Telkes.
17. May 12.Robert Dollar Co. to J.D.
18. May 12.Allen Merril Rogers to J.D.
19. May 13.Wellman, Peck & Co. to J.D.
20. May 18.K. I. Kreslinga. Chemical and Bacteriological Report
21. May 20.C. N. Beal to J.D. Russia, Panama-Pacific Exposition, sinking of Lusitania.
22. 1915, May 20.F. C. Drew to J.D. Calif. timber.
23. [May 23].Joseph Polkhovski to J.D. in French.
24. May 23.Joseph Polkhovski to J.D.
25. [May 27].Hotel Astoria, Petrograd, Russia to J.D.
26. [May 29].Printed pamphlet in Russian.
27. [May 31].Hotel Astoria, Petrograd to J.D.
1. June 5.[C. L. Best Gas Traction Co.] to Russian Land Reclamation Co. Ltd.
2. June 5.[C. L. Best Co.?] to Russian Land Reclamation Co. Ltd. Authorization to act as agent for Lewis Motor Truck Co.
3. June 5.[Lewis Motor Truck Co.?] to Russian Land Reclamation Co. Ltd.
4. [June 5].Phone message. General Ropp to J.D.
5. June 7.Colt's Patent Fire Arms Mfg. Co. to J.D.
6-8. June 8.3 same date. [J.D.] to Sergius D. Sazonov. Safe conduct, pistol, Hungarian prisoner of war (Telkes).
9. June 9.Colt's Pat. Fire Arms Mfg. Co. to J.D.
10. June 11.Hotel Astoria, Petrograd to J.D.
11. June 12.[Geo. Jarovenn?] to J.D. A Prescription for Saccharin.
12. June 13.[J.D.] to M. Barc.
13. [June 16?].Notes on plans in Russia [J.D.?].
14. June 18.Russian Land Reclamation Co. Ltd. to J.D.
15. June 22.[J.D.] to C. N. Beal. Proposed American bank in Russia.
16. June 22.[J.D.] to C. L. Best.
17. June 22.[J.D.] to C. L. Best Gas Traction Co.
18. 1915, June 22.[J.D.] to C. L. Best Gas Traction Co.
19. June 22.[J.D.] to Lewis Motor Truck Co.
20. June 22.[J.D.] to Russian Land Reclamation Co. Ltd.
21. June 22.[J.D.?] to Russian Land Reclamation Co. Ltd.
22. June 22.[J.D.] to Russian Land Reclamation Co. Ltd.
23. June 22.[J.D.] to W. B. Wellman.
24. June 24.[J.D.?] to L. F. Grauman.
25. June 29.[J.D.] to George T. Marye. Ernest Telkes de Kelenfold, war prisoner.
26. [1915?], June 30.Notes, financial.
27-29. June.Hotel Astoria, Petrograd to J.D.
1-4. Jul. 1.[J.D.] to Minister of the Navy (Russia) Sale of ships and armaments, submarines, gasoline.
5. Jul. 1.[J.D.] to Minister of War (Russia). Guns and ammunition.
6. Jul. 5.[J.D.] to Minister of the Navy. Siberian railroad.
7. Jul. 5.[J.D.] to Minister of War.
8. Jul. 12.J.D. to [Minister of the Navy?].
9. Jul. 12.Hotel Astoria, Petrograd to J.D.
10. Jul. 16.in French. [UNK] to J.D.
11. Jul. 17.[J.D.] to P. L. Bark.
12. Jul. 17.[J.D.] to Baron E. Ropp.
13-14. Jul. 19.[J.D.] to Baron E. Ropp.
15-16. Jul. 19.[J.D.] to Adolphus Stanislavitch Roshkovsky. Apptmt. as sales agent for C. L. Best.
17. Jul. 20.C. L. Best Gas Traction Co. & G. T. Marye to [Whom It May Concern]. J. D. is legal agent.
18-19. 1915, Jul. 20.[J.D.] to General Polivanoff. Gasoline, horses.
20. Jul. 22.[J.D.] to Gen. Polivanoff.
21. Jul. 23.George Thomas Marye to J.D.
22. Jul. 24.[J.D.?] to Baron E. Ropp. The Russell & Co. traction engines.
23-24. Jul. 27.J.D. to Baron E. Ropp.
25. Jul. 27.[J.D.] to War Dept., Russia. The Russell & Co.
26-27. Jul. 29.[J.D.] to Gen. Byelayev.
28. Jul. 29.in Russian of above.
29. Jul. 29.George Thomas Marye to Minister of Foreign Affrs.
30. July.Hotel Astoria, Petrograd to J.D.
1915, August - December
1. Aug. 4.[J.D.] to Liang Tun-yen. East Turkestan.
2. Aug. 16.George Thomas Marye to J.D.
3. Aug. 18.The Russell & Co. to J.D.
4. Aug. 31.Vienna to American Embassy, Petrograd. Note Verbale re: Telkes.
5. Sept. 10.J[oseph] P. Tumulty to J.D.
6. Sept. 13.Irmgard Ecker to J.D.
7. Sept. 23.J. C. White to J.D. Lt. Telkes.
8. Oct. 2.G. Kehlenbring, Jr. to J.D.
9. Oct. 13.W. Morgan Shuster to J.D.
10. Oct. 29.J. P. Morgan & Co. Export Dept. to J.D.
11-12. Oct. 2.The Russell & Co. to J.D.
13. Nov. 3.C. Q. Hildebrant. Charles W. Kirk, clerk of courts (Ohio).
14-15. Nov. 5.J.D. to Z. Januszewski.
16. 1915, Nov. 5.Z. Januszewski to J.D.
17. Nov. 8.Power of Atty. The Russell & Co. to J.D.
18. Nov. 10.C. O. Townsend to J.D. Sugar beet seeds.
19. Nov. 12.Belaeiff to J.D.
20. Nov. 15.Gorovskovski to J.D.
21. Nov. 22.Co O. Townsend to J.D.
22. Nov. 23.George E. Chamberlain to J.D.
23. Nov. 24.[J.D.] to Continental Sugar Co.
24. Nov. 26.Continental Sugar Co. to J.D.
25. Nov. 26.Michigan Sugar Co. to J.D.
26. Nov. 27.C. O. Townsend to J.D.
27. Nov. 30.Anaheim Sugar Co. (Arthur R. Peck) to J.D.
28. Dec. 3.C. O. Townsend to J.D.
29. Dec. 6.Spreckels Sugar Co. to J.D.
30. Dec. 6.C. O. Townsend to J.D.
31. Dec. 9.Wisconsin Sugar Co. (J. S. Lawson) to J.D.
32. Dec. 9.Chinese-American Plantation Co. Minutes of Directors' Meeting. China.
33. Dec. 17.Iowa Sugar Co. (Earl C. Moore) to J.D.
34. Dec. 28.C. O. Townsend to J.D.
35. Dec. 29.[J.D.] to Charles Adams Holder. Passport request.
36-38. Dec. 31.The Russell & Co. to J.D.
39. Dec.Bond Agreement copy. Great Western Sugar Co.
40. 1915.Agreement blank. Russian & English. Russia and J.D.
41. .Joseph Polkhovski to J.D.
42. 1915.The Russell Gas Tractor.
1916, January - December
1. Jan. 1.The Russell & Co. to Sec. of State
2. Jan. 3.The Fuel Saver Stove Co. to Sec. of State.
3. Jan. 3.James Rees & Sons Co. to Sec. of State.
4. Jan. 4.Peters, White & Co. (Frederick W. White) to J.D. Potash.
5. Jan. 5.Bethlehem Steel Corp. (J. H. Ward) to J.D.
6. Jan. 8.William A. Ashlbrook to Sec. of State.
7. Jan. 8.Roscoe C. McCulloch to Sec. of State, Robert Lansing.
8. Jan. 9.Dunham, Carrigan & Hayden Co. to Chinese-American Plantation Co.
9. Jan. 11.Frederick W. White to J.D.
10. Jan. 12.J.D. to C. Renwick Smedberg. Potash.
11. Jan. 15.The Fuel Saver Stove Co. (C. A. Notman) to J.D.
12. Jan. 15.C. O. Townsend to J.D. Sugar beet seeds.
13. Jan. 19.The Russell & Co. (E. C. Merwin) to J.D.
14. Jan. 19.Charles B. Welsh to J.D. Denial of passport
15. Jan. 21. [UNK] Hvoslef to A/S Wallendahl & Son.
16. Jan. 31.E. W. Moir to J.D. Potash.
17. Feb. 3.The Russell & Co. to J.D.
18. Feb. 5.D. A. Rees to J.D.
19. Feb. 7.George G. Allen to J.D. N.Y. real estate.
20. Feb. 9.H. E. Cole (Standard Oil of New York) to J.D.
21. 1916, Feb. 9.Russell H. Scott to [J.D.]
22. [Mar. 4].Ernest Telkes to J.D.
23. Mar. 5.C. Renwick Smedberg to J.D.
24. Mar. 6.C. L. Best Gas Traction Co. to J.D.
25. Mar. 7.John J. Spurgeon to J.D.
26. Mar. 22.C. Renwick Smedberg to J.D.
27. Mar. 23.J. W. Floyd to J.D. Swift & Co. & Armour.
28. Mar. 27.Henry Clifford Stuart to J.D.
29. Mar. 29.John F. Pogue to J.D. Tablet of Daniel Boone.
30. Apr. 17.Colt's Pat. Fire Arms Mfg. Co. to J.D. Chinese market.
31. Apr. 20.[W. C.?] Ralston to J.D.
32. Apr. 21.Marvin Hughitt to J.D. Siberian mastodon.
33. Apr. 27.Colt's Pat. Fire Arms Mfg. Co. to J.D.
34. Apr. 27.[J.D.] to Zach T. Davis. Packing plant for China.
35. May 1.J. Hampton Rich (Boone Trail Highway Assn.) to J.D. Boone tablet.
36. May 9.Robert Lansing to James A. O'Gorman. Telkes.
37. May 10.[Alfred De Ropp] to J.D.
38. May 20.C. N. Beal to Dear Sir. Chinese affairs, the Venture Co.
39. June 28.[E. Remie] to J.D.
40. June 30.Dunham, Carrigan & Hayden Co. to Chinese-American Plantation Co.
41. Jul. 5.J.D. to Lin Sun. Guns.
42. Jul. 6.Chinese Nationalist League of America to J.D.
43-45. 1916, Jul. 9.Glenn L. Martin Co. to J.D. Airplanes.
46. Jul. 19.Dunham, Carrigan & Hayden Co. to J.D.
47. July & August.Norwegian Whaling Co.
48. Aug. 11.Dunham, Carrigan & Hayden Co. to Chinese-American Plantation Co.
49. Aug. 31.Dunham, Carrigan & Hayden Co. to J.D.
50. Sept. 19.[J.D.] to J. G. Hammond. Mexico, coquito nut kernels.
51. Oct. 6,Arnold Neble to J.D.
52. Oct. 16.D. Y. Geddes to J.D. Pottery works.
53. Oct. 17.J.D. to Sloane Gordon.
54. Oct. 17.Sloane Gordon to J.D.
55. Oct. 17.A. L. Rohrer to [J.D.]
56. Oct. 23.[J.D.] to Vladimir Generosoff. Mexican sisal.
57. Oct. 23.Ernest Telkes to Magda Telkes von Kelenfold. Prison camp.
58. Oct. 24.[J.D.] to Mr. Denisoff. Mexican sisal.
59. Oct. 27.Ernest Telkes to J.D.
60. Oct. 28.Dunham, Carrigan & Hayden Co. to Chinese-American Plantation Co.
61. Oct. 30.[J.D.] to Lin Sun. Airplanes
62. Oct. 30.Sloane Gordon to J.D.
63. Nov. 7.[J.D.] to Sloane Gordon. Mexico shipping and mining.
64. Nov. 13.George T. Webb to J.D.
65. Nov. 15.[J.D.] to Wu T'ing-fang. Railroad, Canton to Yunnan-fu.
66-67. Nov. 16.Sloane Gordon to J.D.
68. Nov. 22.Sloane Gordon to J.D. China, Lower California, manganese.
69. 1916, Nov. 23.Christofferson Aircraft Mfg. Co. to Sam Mustain.
70. Dec. 5.Sloane Gordon to J.D.
71. Dec. [11 or 16?][J.D.] to Sloane Gordon. Mexico, politics, manganese, clays, Arizona mining, General episode.
72. Dec. 21.Wu T'ing-fang (by sec.) to J.D. & cvr.
73. Dec. 29.[Alaska Packers Assn.] to Estaban Cantu with descriptions of 2 steamers.
74. 1916.Sailing schedule. Norwegian America Line.
75. 1916.The Russell & Co.
1. Jan. 17.[J.D.] to Esteban Cantu. Mexico, steamships, airplanes, railroad.
2. Feb. 11.Sam J. Mustain to Nom Lui (Chinese Nationalist League of America). Pilot, appeal for pay & expenses.
3. Feb. 18.[S. J. Lesh] to J.D. Electrical detection of ore bodies.
4. Feb. 22.[J.D.] to Tong Sui Nune. Mustain.
5. Mar. 5.F. H. G[ould] to William Kettner.
6. Mar. 29.Sloane Gordon to J.D. Lower Calif.
7-8. Apr. 9.[J.D.] to Sloane Gordon. Mexico, coquito nut kernels, mines, shipping, cotton & sugar cane lands, railroad plans, iron.
9. Apr. 12.Ernest Telkes to J.D.
10. May 10.[J.D.] to John A. McCarthy & Edward Mosehauer. Failure in Russia & China, Mexico, mining.
11. May 14.Nathan Hale Volunteers (Frederic Sumner Hughes) to [J.D.] re: I.D. cards & emblems. With blank Suspect Report, 2 ptd. announcements.
12. May 16.R. M. Ritter to J.D. Dr. Hugo Schweitzer.
13. May 18.Carlos [Ystas y C.] to J.D. Rifle, Cantu, Col. Macias, Pres. Carranzo.
14. 1917, May 24.Nathan Hale Vols. (F. S. Hughes) to J.D. with 2 membership application blanks.
15. May 28.[J.D.] to Esteban Cantu. Rifle, Col. Macias, Mexicali-San Felipe RR.
16. May.3 blank authorizations to Crocker National Bank.
17. [1917, May?]George O. Squire to J.D.
18. June 6.[J.D.] to Y. Nagashima of Mitsui & Co. Proposed cotton plantation.
19. June 25.Barton W. Evermann to Sec. San Francisco Chamber of Commerce. Whale meat as food.
20. June 26.H. Lawton to J.D. Mexican agricultura land.
21. Jul. 14.[J.D.] to Sloane Gordon. Mexico, manganese.
22. Jul. 18.Sloane Gordon to J.D. Copper property Arizona, Mexico.
23. Jul. 19.J. [E.] Kiler to J.D.
24. Aug. 2.Eduardo C. Garcia to R. D. Micotti. Mexico, fertilizer plant.
25. Aug. 3.Ralph [E.] Young to J.D. Mexico, bandit Espinoza.
26. Aug. 16.H. Lawton to J.D. Southern Pacific RR, Mexico, draft.
27. Aug. 21.[J.D.] to Intelligence Officer, Western Division, U. S. Army. Draft dodgers & deserters in Mexico, anti-American signs, German business houses and influence, train robbery, Francisco Espinosa & Ernest Radke.
28. Aug. 25.C. D. Smead to J.D. Photo of McPherson.
29. Aug. 29.L. J. Williams of Philippine Scouts to J.D. Visit to Angel Island.
30. Aug. 30.Homer Wilson to J.D.M. Manganese.
31. Aug. 31.Telfair Creighton to J.D.
32. [Sept. 1?]J.D. to Homer Wilson.
33. [Sept. 1?]Homer Wilson to J.D.
34. 1917, Sept. 2.W. A. Mundell to J.D. Requests interview re J.D.'s possible involvement in Hindu conspirators case.
35. Sept. 5.Delos C. Emmons to J.D. Henley.
36. Oct. 1.Second Liberty Loan of 1917 to [J.D.]
37-41. Oct. 4.Samuel J. Mustain to Chinese Nationalis League of America; statement of employment; amount due; - J.D.
42. Oct. 9.Robert S. Norman to J.D. Mustain.
43. Oct. 15.J.D. to [Samuel J. Mustain?]
44-45. Oct. 18.Samuel J. Mustain to F. H. Gould with Power of Attorney.
46. Oct. 20.F. H. Gould to Lin Sun et al.
47. Nov. 16.Presidential Proclamation - Alien Enemies.
48. Nov. 28.Presidential Proclamation - Exports.
49. Nov. 28.Presidential Proclamation - Imports.
50. Dec. 8.Certificate of J.D. deposition Oct. 23, 1917.
a. Post Wheeler cert. of Shinjiro Hashimoto deposition.
b. Oct. 23.Shinjiro Hashimoto deposition.
c. Oct. 23.J. W. Ballantine cert. of translation.
d-f. Oct. 20-22.certs of contracts.
51-52. Dec. 11.Ryozo Hashimoto to J.D. Steel plates for war ships.
53. .Nathan Hale Vols. to [J.D.] and 2 suspect report forms. s. Rufus W. Putnam, U.S.A. Intelligence Officer.
54. [1918, May 19?]Unknown (Junzaburo) to J.D.
UNDATED MATERIAL AND FRAGMENTS
Jan. 24.[W.] P. Richardson to J.D.; n.d.2nd page of T.L. J.D. to Unknown re: Russian business plans, from Petrograd; n.d.2nd page describes Hungarian childhood, Magyars, typed; n.d.a holograph postscript re: contracts sent to Hammond; Misc. memos and notes mostly re: Russian business plans; G. T. Webb report on farming North Dakota; resolution re: potash shipments; clays for pottery etc.; report (frag.) on agricultural land in Sinaloa, Mexico, also memo; description of steamer Jennie; Chinese-American Syndicate confidential memo.
Scope and Content Note
1. Asia ca. 1915.Ptd. with pencil additions.
2. Russian Volunteer Fleet Sailing Routes ca. 1915.Ptd., pencil & ink notations. Vladivostok & Lena River.
3. Russian Empire ca. 1915.Printed in Russian
4. Russian Empire ca. 1910.Partial showing Turkestan area, Omsk south to Lake Balkhash (now Kazakh S.S.R.) in Russian.
5. Russian Empire 1910.Blowup of #4. East of Lake Balkhash along Ili River between Ili and Kuldja in China or Mongolia. Printed in Russian
6. Russian Empire 1910.Holograph tracing of #5 showing proposed canal routes, mining, grazing and swamp areas.
7. Russian Empire ca. 1915.Hand executed map showing the junctions of the Narym and Bukhtarma Rivers with the Irtysh River and the towns of Zyryanovsk and Aleksandrovskaja (now [UNK]) on the [Berezovka] River.
1) 9 prints from the air show in Kobe, Japan.
Scope and Content Note
2) 7 8x10 prints of [UNK] [California?]