The Sierra Valley & Mohawk Railroad was incorporated October 1, 1885. It ran westerly about 39 miles from near the present
location of Plumas Junction to Mohawk, near the town of Blarisden, California. Name changes occurred with the incorporation
of the Sierra Valley Railroad (January 4, 1895) and the Sierra & Mohawk Railway (incorporated June 14, 1911). The branch came
under the control of the Nevada-California-Oregon Railway in 1900, and was consolidated with it on January 1, 1915, becoming
known as the Sierra Valley Branch. It was abandoned in 1918 after purchase by the Western Pacific.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for
permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Senior
Curator. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the CSRM as the owner of the
physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder,
which must also be obtained by the reader.