Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Taylorsville Store Collection, 1858-1949
1618-1632  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (56.59 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
Deeds, agreements, legal documents, banking records, invoices, receipts, correspondence, accounting records, Taylorsville Creamery records, stock certificates
Background
The Taylorsville General Store was originally owned and operated by Cunningham and Henry Holthouse in Plumas County, California. Holthouse then changed partners and the ownership became Holthouse and Whitlock. In 1869, William G. Young purchased Henry Holthouse's share of the store and ownership of the Taylorsville Store remained in the Young family through the 1980's. In addition to handling the general store business, the owners also engaged in other enterprises. They have been Wells Fargo agents, insurance agents, and postmasters. They also owned a creamery and a telephone company.
Restrictions
Please credit California State Library.
Availability
Unrestricted.