The collection consists of correspondence and printed materials concerning the CBH
Alumnae Association, photographs of the CBH nursing school graduates and alumnae,
yearbooks from the CBH nursing school, and historical ephemera and clippings concerning
the history of the various Los Angeles County hospitals that existed at the same time as
CBH and the people associated with it.
The Clara Barton Hospital (CBH), founded in 1903, was one of the oldest in Los Angeles.
Located at the corner of Pico and Hope Streets, it began with a capacity of thirteen
beds. A training school for nurses was established at the same time. Between the years
1910 and 1975, after a series of additions, relocations, and mergings, the school existed
under the name of the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. The following chronology
details the history of the nursing school and its relationships with various other
Information on permission to reproduce, publish or quote is available from the
Collection is open for research.