This collection consists of ten volumes listing accessions of the Santa Clara County Free Library. The volumes range from
1914 to 1931.
The Santa Clara County Free Library was founded in July 1914 and was located in the Hall of Justice in downtown San Jose,
at the corner of Market St. and St. James St. The original library consisted of three rooms, which quickly expanded to seven
rooms. Within six years twenty-four community branches were established, ranging from Milpitas to Gilroy.
The Archives can claim physical ownership only for some collections. Users are responsible for securing permission of the
copyright holder for publication or quotation.
Collection is open for research.