The collection consists of archival copies of books published by Stanford University Press.
The Stanford University Press was established as an independent printing operation at Stanford University in 1892. The university
purchased it in 1917, and expanded it into a full-service publishing house in 1925. In 1999, the Press became part of Stanford
University Libraries and Academic Information Resources (SULAIR). It publishes scholarly monographs, textbooks, and professional
356 Linear feet (459 boxes)
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
The materials are open for research use. Collection is stored off-site; materials must be requested at least 48 hours in advance
of intended use.